One of the Parent Satisfaction Survey areas in which we seek your feedback is our school website. You spoke, and we listened. As we get ready to launch the all-new HarrisburgAcademy.org on Monday, get ready for an entirely different experience — a user-centered web-surfing experience that focuses on YOU.
In general, Harrisburg Academy’s website is a lot of things to a lot of people – it provides valuable information to prospective families desiring to learn about the advantages of an independent-school education. It offers equally important operational content for current families engaged in our community. Likewise, the site helps reconnect alumni with their classmates, and it serves as a means in which local corporations can partner with the Academy, through Pennsylvania’s EITC program, to support need-based scholarship opportunities.
The Academy’s Communications Office has worked hard to restructure the school’s website not just to provide all of this information, but to present it in a way that is easily findable for all constituencies.
We think our most exciting structural improvement — a result of parent feedback—is splitting site content into two distinct areas, a public “external” site and a user-login-only “dashboard.” The public site showcases the story of the school and the value of the learning experience while the dashboard provides access to operational content. The most important features of this approach include:
- External site – Lots of stories and hard data, showcasing the value of the Academy learning journey though the success of our graduates and our current students.
- External and Login site – Large, compelling images that capture the faces of our community and the energy in our classrooms.
- External and Login site – Direct access to most commonly used Quicklinks and the school’s social media accounts on every page
- Login site – Internal content is dynamically driven by your username. When you login, our system automatically knows if you are a parent, a student, a faculty member, an alumnus/a, or a trustee, and it only shows you content that is relevant to you.
- Login site – Users have instant access to student classwork information. After logging in, parents can easily see a quick snapshot of their student’s (or students’) classwork. For more detailed information, NetClassroom and other classwork management portals are two clicks away.
We look forward to adding additional features to the site to make your experience even better as we move into Phase 2 of this project. Thoughts or comments? Send them our way – this site is all about YOU, and we’re listening!